Representing the Upper West Region, the crown for Miss Ghana 2017 went to Margaret Mwinuur Dery. Margaret was one of the 20 beautiful ladies selected from 10 Ghanaian regions. The ladies were selected based on their intelligence, beauty and other qualities.
The beauty pageant took place this past Saturday at the State House’s Banquet Hall in Accra. The newly crowned Miss Ghana happens to be the daughter of Ambrose Dery, Ghana’s Minister of Interior and MP for Nandom in the Upper West Region.
Margaret is not just a pretty face, she is a student at The University of Development Studies in Ghana. She was also named Miss Talent, Beauty With Purpose and she will be representing Ghana at the Miss World 2018 pageant.
How stunning are the contestants in their prints? Ghana has the most amazing and beautiful prints in the whole world, and they know how to rock them.
Eastern Region’s Priscilla Nana Akua Gameli was named 1st Runner Up whilst Marigold Frimpong of Ashanti Region took the 2nd Runner Up spot.
Other winners of the night include:
1. Miss Top Model — Perpetual Acquah (Central Region)
2. Miss Talent — Margaret Dery (Upper West Region)
3. Miss Congeniality — Marigold Frimpong (Ashanti Region)
4. Miss Photogenic and Miss Beauty Skin — Priscilla Gameli (Eastern Region)
5. Miss fitness — Perpetual Acquah
6. Miss Beach Beauty and Eloquence — Millicent Dzudzor (Western Region)
7. Beauty With a Purpose Competition — Margaret Dery (Upper West)
A big congratulations to you Margaret, we will be routing for you at the Miss World 2018. AFRICA!!
Source: GhanaCelebrities.com, Ghanaweb.com & usd360.com
I’m soo over beauty peagents shem